The Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame class of 2015 will be officially inducted into the hall of Wednesday, November 4 at the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center (153 Franklin St, Buffalo, NY 14202).
This marks the 25th class to be inducted into the Hall of Fame since its inception in 1991 and brings total membership to 291. This year’s inductees cover the sporting spectrum from hockey, to football, to baseball, to lacrosse, auto racing, coaching, and more.
The 2015 Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame class is:
• Al Bemiller – Buffalo Bills Standout Center/Guard
• Art Clark – WNY Auto Racing Legend
• George Daddario – Buffalo Bisons / Braves PR Director (Pride of Western New York)
• Liz Johnson – Ground-breaking Bowling Champion
• David Koch – New Era Cap Executive (Pride of Western New York)
• Jim Konstanty – National League MVP Pitcher (Pride of Western New York)
• Aaron Miller – NHL and Olympic Defenseman
• Mike Rappl – Award-winning Canisius Softball Coach
• Keith Robinson – Grover Cleveland & Notre Dame Basketball Star
• Robert L. Smith – Renowned Buffalo Sports Photographer
• John Tavares – Buffalo Bandits and NLL All-time Leading Scorer
• Larry Wilson – Buffalo Hockey Bisons All-Time Leading Scorer (Pride of Western New York)
This group will join a rich heritage of native Western New Yorkers, or those who starred in and around the Queen City during their playing days, who are enshrined in the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame. The Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame honors those who have enhanced our lives with their performances and commitment to Western New York sports, an effort surpassed only by the positive impressions they have left on our athletes of tomorrow.
Online ticket purchases and more information on all the evening’s events will be posted soon.Read more →
Continuing its dedication to fostering amateur sports, the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame Board of Directors announced its annual Amateur Sports Development Fund awards. This year, $11,950 will be distributed to 10 worthy individuals and organizations in need of additional funding in order to supplement their competitive needs.Read more →